Greek Farmers’ Blockade Closes Bulgaria’s Kulata Border Crossing Friday
Truck traffic at Kulata border checkpoint on Bulgaria’s border with Greece has been blocked again at 5 p.m. on Friday by Greek farmers protesting on their side of the border against planned pеnsion cuts.
The blockade for trucks was lifted for about six hours on Friday as agreed by Bulgarian and Greek authorities earlier this week.
Traffic has been suspended for all motor vehicles at Ilinden border crossing since 5 p.m. on Friday. It was expected to resume at 10 p.m., the Ministry of the Interior said in a statement.
According to unofficial information provided by the Greek authorities, the blockade of Kapitan Petko Voyvoda crossing, which began at about 10 a.m. on Friday, was expected to be lifted at 8 p.m.
Makaza, Zlatograd and Ivaylovgrad border crossings operated in normal mode as of Friday evening, the Ministry of the Interior said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia Postpones the Debate on the "French Proposal"
- » Fight in the Macedonian Parliament (VIDEO)
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: We may Not Get a New Proposal
- » Belgrade: The Creation of the Serbian World is a Process that Cannot be Stopped
- » Former Albanian PM: The Bulgarian Veto does Not Block us, Rama is to Blame
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister Explained why Skopje Opposes the "French Proposal"