Greek Farmers’ Blockade Closes Bulgaria’s Kulata Border Crossing Friday
Truck traffic at Kulata border checkpoint on Bulgaria’s border with Greece has been blocked again at 5 p.m. on Friday by Greek farmers protesting on their side of the border against planned pеnsion cuts.
The blockade for trucks was lifted for about six hours on Friday as agreed by Bulgarian and Greek authorities earlier this week.
Traffic has been suspended for all motor vehicles at Ilinden border crossing since 5 p.m. on Friday. It was expected to resume at 10 p.m., the Ministry of the Interior said in a statement.
According to unofficial information provided by the Greek authorities, the blockade of Kapitan Petko Voyvoda crossing, which began at about 10 a.m. on Friday, was expected to be lifted at 8 p.m.
Makaza, Zlatograd and Ivaylovgrad border crossings operated in normal mode as of Friday evening, the Ministry of the Interior said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Genetic Study Reveals Strong Slavic Ancestry in Bulgarians, Romanians, and Croats Across the Balkans
- » Romania Gets a Ship to Search for Mines in the Black Sea
- » Man Wanted for Double Murder in North Macedonia Arrested in Turkey
- » Romania is Close to a Visa-Free Regime with the US
- » Who is the Bulgarian Detained by Serbia on Espionage Allegations?
- » Serbian Authorities Detain Bulgarian Resident on Espionage Allegations