Free Map of Wine Routes Guides Tourists in Bulgaria's Melnik Region
A free map of wine routes in the Bulgarian region of Melnik is seeking to encourage the development of wine tourism in the area.
The map was produced under the initiative of wine producers from the region and is available in both Bulgarian and English, Darik radio informs.
It presents all wineries and wine cellars opened to visitors, producers possessing own vineyards and halls for wine tasting as well as other wine sites of significance.
Among the sites featured on the map are the wine museum in the town of Melnik, the shop possessing the richest collection of local wines, the Kordopulov house with its famous wine cellar, the first wine bar in the town of Sandanski.
The map also depicts the main cultural, historical, natural and religious sites in the region, providing the most important information on them.
The map is available free of charge at information tourist centres, tourist agencies and wine sites as well as in digital format on its official Facebook page (Melnik Wine Routes).
Its creators hope that it will inspire many Bulgarian and foreign wine lovers to embark on a trip to the region, which apart from wine is famous for its natural beauty and rich cultural-historical heritage.
The region is one of the main wine producing regions in Bulgaria, with the wine from Melnik reportedly being among the favourite beverages of Winston Churchill.
- » Angelkova Expects 5% Growth in Foreign Tourists
- » 5% less Russian Tourists will Rest in Bulgaria this Year
- » The Beds in the 4- and 5-star Hotels in Bulgaria have Increased by 24% for the Period 2014-2017
- » MoT Angelkova: Establishments in Sunny Beach - South Meet the Requirements of the Law
- » Top 10 of the Cheapest All-inclusive Destinations. Among Them is Bulgaria
- » Where a holiday is cheaper in Greece or in Turkey?