US Film Director Ted Kotcheff Applies for Bulgarian Citizenship
US director Ted Kotcheff has submitted an application to become a Bulgarian citizen, the organizers of the forthcoming Sofia Film Fest have announced.
Kotcheff, 84, who was born to Bulgarian parents, is best know for having directed First Blood, a Rambo film.
He is quoted as saying that he has "always felt" Bulgarian despite having been born in the United States.
Kotcheff is due to arrive in the capital for several Sofia Film Fest events in March.
- » Bulgarian Mountain Rescue Services: Missing Tourist Died
- » Plane with Bulgarian Politicians Made Emergency Landing in Vienna
- » Variable Clouds Over the Country, Highs Between 2°C and 7°C
- » Second Day 30 Mountain Rescuers Search for a Man Lost in the Balkan Mountain
- » Residents of Three Sofia Districts Protest Poor Air Quality
- » Slayer Include Bulgaria in their Final Tour in the Summer of 2019