Bulgaria's Plovdiv Voted 3rd in European Best Destinations Ranking
Plovdiv, the second-largest Bulgarian city, has made it into the top three of the European Best Destinations 2016 ranking.
It has been voted third, after Zadar (Croatia) and Athens (Greece), сn a survey held annually by a Brussels-based organization with the same name.
The competition included 20 destinations picked by the organization, Plovdiv having been the only Bulgarian city.
"Nestling in the south part of Bulgaria, Plovdiv is a leading cultural, religious, wine and shopping destination which never fails to reveal exciting, new facets of its character," a brief description of Plovdiv reads, posted on the European Best Destinations' website.
"With its 8-millennia history, Plovdiv has been proclaimed the oldest continuously-inhabited city in Europe and the 6-th oldest in the world."
Plovdiv was declared a European Capital of Culture 2019, alongside the Italian town of Matera.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: The Airports in Burgas and Varna reported over 800,000 Passengers in August
- » This year Trips From and To Bulgaria are Increasing compared to July 2022
- » Wizz Air reached 25 million Passengers in Bulgaria
- » Feces in the Sea: Up to 41 times above the norm is the Pollution on the Bulgarian Black Sea Coast
- » Chinese Tourists are Returning to Bulgaria and 70 other countries
- » Great Britain is among the Most Popular Destinations for Bulgarians this Summer