Bulgaria's Pamporovo Hosts European Cup Ladies' Slalom
The Bulgarian resort of Pamporovo is hosting the ladies' slalom of the European Cup on Tuesday and Wednesday, with more than seventy participants from twenty countries expected to compete.
The slalom on Tuesday was won by Ksenia Alopina from Russia and Chiara Gmuer from Switzerland, who finished the two runs in 1:42.10.
Austrian Lisa-Maria Zeller claimed the third place with 0.28 seconds behind the joint winners, while the Bulgarian Vera Asenova finished 22nd with 7.4 seconds behind.
Bulgarian Sports Minister Krasen Kralev personally awarded the winners and congratulated Asenova on her performance.
The other three Bulgarian representatives – Lorita Stoimenova, Mihaela Kehayova and Maria Kirkova did not finish the first run.
On Friday and Saturday, another Bulgaria resort – Borovets will host the ladies' giant slalom.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 10,000 Spectators Allowed at Tokyo Olympics Events
- » Danish Football Star Eriksen to Have Heart Surgery and ‘heart-starter’ Implanted
- » Bulgaria’s Golden Girls Shine Bright at EChVarna 2021
- » Euro 2020 Begins in Rome with Emphatic Ceremony
- » Euro 2020 Starts off in Rome Today, Italy Hosts Turkey in First Match
- » Bulgaria Lost 0:3 to World Champion France in Paris