Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
Canada will end airstrikes on targets of the Islamic State (IS) group in Syria and Iraq, but will maintain presence in the region as part of the anti-IS efforts, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said.
Two surveillance planes will continue to carry out activities there, and the number of Canadian soldiers training local troops in the fights against IS will be boosted.
Airstrikes alone did not secure lasting stability for local people, the BBC reported him as saying.
The intention to withdraw the warplains taking part in the bombing campaign was part of the promises Trudeau made during his election campaign in the autumn of last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Nepal: Record 2020 COVID-19 Cases in the Day After Lockdown was Lifted
- » Yoshihide Suga Elected as Japan Prime Minister
- » Trump Says Science Doesn't Know About Climate Change, He Does
- » 3-Week Nationwide Isolation in Israel
- » Austria Officially Announced the Second Wave of COVID-19
- » Donald Trump Nominated for Nobel Peace Prize