Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
Canada will end airstrikes on targets of the Islamic State (IS) group in Syria and Iraq, but will maintain presence in the region as part of the anti-IS efforts, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said.
Two surveillance planes will continue to carry out activities there, and the number of Canadian soldiers training local troops in the fights against IS will be boosted.
Airstrikes alone did not secure lasting stability for local people, the BBC reported him as saying.
The intention to withdraw the warplains taking part in the bombing campaign was part of the promises Trudeau made during his election campaign in the autumn of last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Over 150 Arrested in London Amid Anti-Lockdown Protests
- » India's COVID-19 Tally Crosses 9.3 Million
- » COVID-19 Cases in Germany Surpasses 1 Million
- » Germany Prolongs Coronavirus Restrictions until December 20
- » UК Government Writes To Brits Living In Europe To Prepare For The End of Transition Period
- » Russia Claims Its Ship 'threatened to ram' US Ship in Sea of Japan