Canada to Stop Bombing IS, Stepping Up Training of Local Troops
Canada will end airstrikes on targets of the Islamic State (IS) group in Syria and Iraq, but will maintain presence in the region as part of the anti-IS efforts, Prime Minister Justin Trudeau has said.
Two surveillance planes will continue to carry out activities there, and the number of Canadian soldiers training local troops in the fights against IS will be boosted.
Airstrikes alone did not secure lasting stability for local people, the BBC reported him as saying.
The intention to withdraw the warplains taking part in the bombing campaign was part of the promises Trudeau made during his election campaign in the autumn of last year.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Trump Is ‘bright personality’ and Biden Is ‘career man’, According to Putin
- » European Parliament Proposed New Sanctions against Lukashenko’s Regime
- » NASA Boss Says US-Russian Cooperation in Space Should Continue
- » India Records World's Deadliest COVID-19 Day with over 6,000 Fatalities
- » EU Requires from Bulgaria to Improve Industrial Pollution Regulations and Taxation
- » Russia Bans Navalny's Organizations