Attempt for Armed Robbery Leaves One Attacker Dead in Bulgaria's Sredets
An attempted armed robbery of a security van in the Bulgarian town of Sredets on Monday morning left one of the attackers dead.
Two armed youths attacked the security van which was parked in front of the post office in the centre of the town.
The vehicle was transporting money allocated for the payment of pensions in the town.
A security guard shot dead one of the attackers, while the other fled the scene, but was later caught by the police.
The attackers were identified as twenty-year-old cousins from Burgas and Chernomorets.
In each of the cases, the robbers stole around BGN 170 000, with the perpetrators still not having been identified.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bank Robbery in Bulgaria's City Sandanski
- » Deputy Speaker of the 44th Bulgarian National Assembly and The Leader of "VOLYA" Party Veselin Mareshki Sentenced to 4 Years in Prison
- » Bulgarian Police Department: Six People Detained at the Protest Today
- » Police Operations in Several Places in Bulgaria
- » Bulgaria: Police Investigation Into Deaths of a Brother and Sister Near Sofia
- » Bulgaria: A Scottish Man Killed in the Capital's Dragalevtsi District