Two Migrants Die from Cold Exposure near Bulgaria’s Border with Turkey
Two illegal female migrants have died of cold exposure near Malko Tarnovo, in southeastern Bulgaria close to the border with Turkey, Nova TV reported on Sunday.
Bulgarian border police found a group of 19 illegal migrants including 12 children in a forest area of Strandzha mountain near Malko Tarnovo where the snow cover was more than 30 centimeters thick late on Saturday.
Two women and 11 children were sent to hospital with frostbite of second and third degree.
Third-degree frostbite, one level milder than the most serious fourth degree, corresponds to deep frostbite affecting not only the skin but the fatty tissue beneath it as well.
According to Bulgaria’s Interior Minister Rumyana Bachvarova the two deceased female migrants were of Afghan origin, Nova TV said.
According to unconfirmed reports a 15-year old child has also died, Nova TV said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Another Day Another Group of Migrants Detained in Bulgaria: 10 caught near Iganovo
- » Another Chase with Illegal Migrants in Bulgaria: This time a Bus Crashed near Chirpan
- » Bulgaria: A Tanker Exploded in Ruse - One Casualty Reported
- » Bulgaria: Police Officer injured during a Chase with Migrants remains in Critical Condition
- » At least 35 Injured after 6.1 Magnitude Earthquake in Turkey
- » Bulgarian Police are looking for a Car with Migrants that Escaped after a Chase on Trakia Highway (UPDATED)