Bulgaria Leads in Early Bookings for Summer 2016 at TUI Russia
Officials at TUI Russia believe that Bulgaria has all the chances to become the most sought-after destination for ??early booking by Russian tourists this summer, Travel Russian News reported on Friday.
Bulgaria has attracted more than 60% of the early bookings for the upcoming summer season, according to trn-news.ru.
TUI Russia has attributed Bulgaria's popularity to the fact that the country is one of the alternatives to Turkey in terms of package tours for children and families.
"Right now, sales are not very large, because of the high exchange rate, but bookings are much more than at the beginning of 2015, demand for the destination is higher,” TUI Russia Sales Director Natalia Smirnova told trn-news.ru.
“News of guaranteed abolition of visas for children of up to 16 years and the planned simplification of the visa regime for pensioners and people travelling for medical treatment add up to increase Bulgaria’s popularity," Smirnova commented.
Greece and Cyprus are the other two of the top three destinations for early booking at TUI Russia this year with more than 15% each, according to trn-news.ru.
Russia’s Association of Tour Operators (ATOR) said last month that travel agency Brisco would launch charter flights to Bulgaria’s Black Sea resorts in the summer to compensate for lost sales of package tours to Egypt and Turkey.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Black Sea Tourism Boasts 70% Growth This Summer
- » Public Trensport in Greece AccessibleOnly with Negative Coronavirus Test as of 13 September
- » Bus Driver of Sunny Beach – Sofia Route Fired After Falling Asleep Twice
- » US Travelers Face New Restrictions when Visiting EU
- » The Stories of Three Foreigners and Their Lives in Bulgaria
- » Greece Introduces Draconian Safety Measures for Unvaccinated Tourists