German Police Arrest 3 Algerians Suspected of Plotting Terror Attack
German police have arrested three Algerians suspected of ties to the Islamic State group who allegedly planned a terrorist attack in Berlin, Deutsche Welle reported on Thursday.
Other suspects were questioned during police raids carried out in three German states in the early morning hours on Thursday but not detained.
The suspects had allegedly planned to meet in Berlin to carry out terrorist attacks, DW said, citing police sources. German police believed that all the suspects had active links to the Islamic State group.
German newspaper Bild reported that the police raids were linked to a possible plan to attack Alexanderplatz, a square in central Berlin where the landmark television tower is located.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Day 174 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Shoigu and Guterres discussed the Security Situation at the Zaporizhzhia NPP
- » Amid another US Delegation visit, China conducts Fresh Military Drills around Taiwan
- » UN: By November 15, the World Population will reach 8 Billion People
- » Day 173 of the Invasion of Ukraine: Over 40 Countries called on Russia to Hand Over the Zaporizhzhia NPP to Kyiv
- » 35 Tons of Humanitarian Aid for Ukrainians to Arrive in Bulgaria
- » 75 Years of Progressive India