Bulgarian PM Meets UN Secretary-General, US State Secretary in London
Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov met with United Nations (UN) Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon and US State Secretary John Kerry in London on Wednesday.
Borisov is in the British capital for participation in the international conference “Supporting Syria and the Region” on Thursday.
On Wednesday evening, the Bulgarian prime minister attended the reception of the leaders of delegations hosted by UK State Secretary for International Development Justine Greening in the presence of Prince Charles.
Borisov and Kerry reaffirmed the commitments agreed during the last visit of the US state secretary to Bulgaria a year ago.
Among the discussed topics were measures in support of Bulgaria's energy independence, consolidation of the investment climate and reforms of the judiciary.
Kerry once again expressed his support and identified Bulgaria as a reliable and predictable partner.
Ban Ki-moon and Kerry were impressed by the conduct of Bulgaria in such a difficult geopolitical moment for Europe.
Borisov informed them of the efforts undertaken by Bulgaria in guarding the external border of the EU.
British Prime Minister David Cameron shared the impressions gathered during his visit to Bulgaria in December last year when he personally observed the Bulgarian efforts at guarding the border with Turkey.
On Wednesday, the Bulgarian government announced that it will allocate EUR 150 000 in humanitarian aid, which will be used to provide food for refugees in the countries neighbouring Syria and improving the access to education of Syrian children.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia and Bulgaria Seek Solution to Historical Dispute
- » Bulgaria Appoints 10 New Ambassadors
- » Bulgaria's Minister of Foreign Affairs Ekaterina Zaharieva is Paying Visit to Hungary
- » Тwo Bulgarian Diplomats in Moscow Declared Persona Non Grata
- » Greece and Turkey to Resolve Their Disputes in Istanbul
- » Bulgaria’s Ambassador to UK Marin Raykov: The Absence of Bulgaria From The UK's Non-Quarantine List is Abnormal