Bulgaria to Provide EUR 150 000 in Refugee Aid
Bulgaria will made voluntary contributions to the World Food Programme (WFP) and UNICEF amounting to a total of EUR 150 000.
The humanitarian aid will be used to provide food for refugees in the countries neighbouring Syria and improve access to education of Syrian children, the government's press service informs.
The contributions will be announced by Prime Minsiter Boyko Borisov in his capacity as leader of the Bulgarian delegation at the high-level international conference on Syria which is to take place in London on Thursday.
Bulgaria committed itself to provide EUR 100 000 to WFP and EUR 50 000 to UNICEF to improve access to quality education of internally displaced and/or children outside schools.
Until now Bulgaria has participated in all annual donors' conferences by making financial contributions.
This year's conference aims to: considerably increase financing for humanitarian aid; create opportunities for employment and education of the refugees; protection of civilians; and ensure access of humanitarian organisations to people in need of aid.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s MFA: The so-called Referendums in Ukraine will Not be Recognized
- » The Bulgarian Embassy in Kyiv is Working Again
- » US Deputy Assistant Secretary of State for Central and Eastern Europe Robin Dunnigan Visits Bulgaria
- » President Radev: Bulgaria will Once Again stand in Solidarity with Fraternal Macedonia
- » Bulgaria’s President: We will Sign Important Partnership Agreements with the UAE
- » MFA: Bulgaria will Not Recognize Passports issued in the Occupied Zones in Ukraine