Bulgarian PM to Take Part in Int'l Conference on Syria
Bulgaria's Prime Minister Boyko Borisov is to take part in the Supporting Syria and the Region conference in London on Thursday, his press office has said.
Borisov is also to meet members of the Bulgarian community during his visit which is set to go on for two days (February 03-04).
Foreign Minister Daniel Mitov and Justice Minister Ekaterina Zaharieva are to accompany the Prime Minister during his trip.
Supporting Syria and the Region, an event organized by the UK, Germany, Kuwait, Norway and the United Kingdom, "will bring together world leaders from around the globe to rise to the challenge of raising the money needed to help millions of people whose lives have been torn apart by the devastating civil war," reads a message posted on the conference's website.
According to the statement, an estimated USD 7.73 B are needed judging by the 2016 UN "inter-agency appeals", alongside USD 1.2 B "required by the affected governments as part of the national response plans."
The other aim is to explore "education and economic opportunities to transform the lives of refugees caught up in the Syrian crisis - and to support the countries hosting them".
It comes on the sidelines of the first Syria peace talks in two years, held in Geneva, which kicked off on Monday.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian Speaker of Parliament: North Macedonia should Not Waste Time but should fulfill the Criteria for EU Membership
- » Bulgaria’s MFA on Kovachevski's words: Any Analogy with the Suffering of the Ukrainian people is Cynical and Inadmissible
- » Bulgaria’s Foreign Minister urged India to influence Russia to End the War against Ukraine
- » North Macedonia explained why a Bulgarian MEP was not allowed to enter the country
- » The Macedonian MFA: Bulgarian MEP Kovachev does not meet the Conditions for Entry into the Country
- » North Macedonia did not allow a Bulgarian MEP to enter the country