Ivelin Popov Becomes Best Bulgarian Footballer of 2015
The player of Spartak Moscow Ivelin Popov was awarded the best Bulgarian footballer of the year prize on Saturday.
Popov garnered 241 points, leaving behind him Palermo midfielder Ivaylo Chochev and CSKA Moscow midfielder Georgi Milanov.
Bulgarian Sports Minister Krasen Kralev handed the award to the captain of the Bulgarian men's national football team.
The winner in the 2015 poll was determined by the votes cast by 98 sports journalists.
Stanimir Stoilov, who heads the reigning champion of Kazakhstan, was selected as the best Bulgarian coach.
Under his guidance, Astana claimed two championship titles and became the first team from Kazakhstan to reach the group stage of the UEFA Champions League.
Stoilov garnered 264 points, followed by Cherno more coach Nikola Spasov and Georgi Dermendzhiev, who returned as coach of reigning Bulgarian champion Ludogorets.
This was the 55th edition of the poll, with the award ceremony dedicated to one of the greatest victories of the men's national football team.
The ceremony celebrated the 50th anniversary of the 2:1 victory over Belgium in a play-off for qualification for the 1966 World Cup.
Bojan Jorgacevic from Levski was selected as the best goalkeeper in the top football division of Bulgaria, former player of Litex Strahil Popov received the award for best defender , while Marcelinho from Ludogorets was awarded the best midfielder prize.
The former player of Litex Danilo Asprilla received the awards for best striker and best foreigner in the A Group.
Bozhidar Kraev from Levski was selected as the most progressive young player, while Silviya Radoyska received the award for best female player.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria’s Beloslava Krasteva is Second in the Current Ranking of the World Chess Championship
- » Mobile Betting Apps: Sports News and Tips
- » Four Bronze Medals for Bulgarian students from the Informatics Olympiad
- » Nurgyul Salimova with a Record Rating in the FIDE Rankings
- » Nurgyul Salimova: I am Proud of what I have Achieved, I Felt the Support of many Bulgarians and People from all over the World
- » After 30 years: Bulgaria Won again the Team World Title in Rhythmic Gymnastics