Bulgarian Authorities Detain 34 Illegal Immigrants Across Country
Bulgarian border police detained 34 illegal immigrants in three operations across the country on Saturday.
On Saturday night a border police patrol attempted to stop two vehicles for a check near the village of Gabar in the municipality of Sozopol.
The drivers did not follow the police instructions and drove away in the direction of the village of Zidarovo, with one of the vehicles leaving the road lane and coming to a standstill in a nearby field.
The driver and his aide fled the site of the incident and made an attempt to hide in the nearby forest, but were later detained.
The border policemen found eight foreign citizens without identity documents in the vehicle, who identified themselves as coming from Afghanistan.
The second vehicle was stopped as it was entering the city of Burgas, with authorities detaining the driver and five foreigners without identity documents claiming to be Afghan citizens.
In a separate case, border policemen detained near the village of Voden in the municipality of Bolyarovo two men leading a group of nine foreigners without identity documents identifying themselves as coming from Iraq.
In a third case, authorities arrested near the village of Gorno Yabalkovo in the municipality of Sredets three men leading a group of twelve illegal immigrants without identity documents claiming to be Iraqi citizens.
- » Police Took Down a Drug Trafficking Network in Europe, 11 Arrested
- » Pirates Abducted 19 Members of a Greek Tanker
- » Polish Customs Officers Seized Cocaine for Half a Billion Euro in Poland
- » Computer Scammers Have Stolen Tens of Millions from over 47 Companies Worldwide
- » Six Romanians Were Accused of Raping their Own Children
- » Europol Has Shut Down over 30,000 Web Pages for Intellectual Property Infringement