IS Group Plans Attacks in Russia, Europe – Russia Anti-terror Body
Russia's National Anti-Terrorist Committee has said that a faction of the Islamic State group led by a Chechen national is plotting terrorist attacks in Russia and Europe, sputniknews.com has reported.
“Russian special services uncovered that certain Daesh cells are plotting terrorist attacks in Russia and European countries,” the Russian news service quoted committee spokesman Andrey Przhezdomsky as saying on Friday.
Daesh is the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State group of jihadist militants.
According to Przhezdomsky, the terrorist faction is battalion-strong, its members are mostly from North Caucasus and its leader is Akhmed Chatayev also known as the One-Handed. He is considered one of the main Daesh recruiters in Russia, according to sputniknews.com.
The United States Treasury Department has designated Chatayev as a global terrorist.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Referendum In Russia: Putin is Allowed To Remain President Until 2036
- » 50,000 New Cases of COVID-19 in US, Trump: I Fully Support the Masks. I Think They Work
- » New Zealand's Health Minister Resignes After Breaches of Lockdown Rules
- » UK Restarts Tourism on July 4
- » Covid-19: Infection in USA is Getting Worse
- » Another Black Man Killed by the Police in America Sparks New Wave of Protests