IS Group Plans Attacks in Russia, Europe – Russia Anti-terror Body
Russia's National Anti-Terrorist Committee has said that a faction of the Islamic State group led by a Chechen national is plotting terrorist attacks in Russia and Europe, sputniknews.com has reported.
“Russian special services uncovered that certain Daesh cells are plotting terrorist attacks in Russia and European countries,” the Russian news service quoted committee spokesman Andrey Przhezdomsky as saying on Friday.
Daesh is the Arabic acronym for the Islamic State group of jihadist militants.
According to Przhezdomsky, the terrorist faction is battalion-strong, its members are mostly from North Caucasus and its leader is Akhmed Chatayev also known as the One-Handed. He is considered one of the main Daesh recruiters in Russia, according to sputniknews.com.
The United States Treasury Department has designated Chatayev as a global terrorist.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Russian Orthodox Church Pleas Reduction of Abortions to Fight Demographic Crisis
- » Israeli Attacks on Gaza Are Intensifying
- » Southeastern US Scrambles for Fuel, as Colonial Pipeline Slowly Resumes Supplies
- » Israel-Gaza Conflict Escalates, UN Warns of Possible "full-scale war"
- » EU Prepares Second Lawsuit against AstraZeneca over Covid-19 Vaccine Delays
- » Violence in Israel Escalates as Israeli Military Kill Dozens in Gaza Air Strike