Defendants in Vratsa Murder Case Released on Bail
The Sofia Court of Appeals has decided to release on bail two brothers who beat to death 18-year-old Todor Yordanov in broad daylight in the northwestern town of Vratsa.
Ivan Damyanov, 32, and his brother Desislav Damyanov, 36, have to pay BGN 2000 (EUR 1000) each. Earlier in January they were placed under house arrest.
The two were charged with premeditated murder, after the indictment initially contained only charges of causing death by negligence, with prosecutors saying forensic experts were yet to establish if Todor's death was caused by the beating itself.
Social anger around the country, however, forced the district court of Vratsa to change the indictment, with Bulgarian Chief Prosecutor Sotir Tsatsarov personally committing himself to overseeing the trial and dispatching a team of senior prosecutors to Vratsa.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria: Mother and Son were found Dead in Kyustendil
- » Bulgaria: A Municipal Councilor in Velingrad was Murdered (UPDATED)
- » Bulgaria: Two People Killed in a Fight between Families in Nova Zagora
- » The 15-year-old Bus Driver who Killed the Policemen may Receive up to 10 Years in Prison
- » A Woman's Body was found in Sofia Region
- » Bulgaria: More than 50 Minors were found in a Nightclub in Blagoevgrad during a Police Operation