Bulgarian Police Detain 16 Illegal Migrants in Pazardzhik Region
Police have apprehended 16 illegal migrants near the village of Gelemenovo, in Pazardhik Region, in southern Bulgaria, local media reported on Sunday.
The migrants were believed to have arrived from Afghanistan. They carried no identity documents and police were trying to find where and how they had entered Bulgaria.
The village of Gelemenovo is located close to Trakia motorway which links Bulgaria's southeastern regions bordering Turkey with Sofia and the Bulgarian border with Serbia.
Migration authorities have sent the detained foreign nationals to a migrant reception and registration centre in Elhovo, Yambol Region pending investigation.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » "Information Service" for Green Certificates: We Repelled the biggest Cyber Attack in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Traffic Police Caught 30 Migrants on Trakia Highway near Sliven
- » Spouses Found Dead in Blagoevgrad, Son is a Suspect of the Murder
- » At Least 116 people have Died in a Prison Riot in Ecuador
- » Demonstrative Murder in Sofia: A Man was Shot Dead at Gerena Stadium
- » Record Homicide Growth in the United States Last Year