Bulgarian Police Detain 16 Illegal Migrants in Pazardzhik Region
Police have apprehended 16 illegal migrants near the village of Gelemenovo, in Pazardhik Region, in southern Bulgaria, local media reported on Sunday.
The migrants were believed to have arrived from Afghanistan. They carried no identity documents and police were trying to find where and how they had entered Bulgaria.
The village of Gelemenovo is located close to Trakia motorway which links Bulgaria's southeastern regions bordering Turkey with Sofia and the Bulgarian border with Serbia.
Migration authorities have sent the detained foreign nationals to a migrant reception and registration centre in Elhovo, Yambol Region pending investigation.
- » Cologne Hostage Taker ‘Under Control,’ One Woman Slightly Injured
- » Journalist Viktoria Marinova's Murder Suspect Partially Admits Guilt
- » AFP: Germany to Extradite Suspect in Bulgarian Journalist Killing 'Soon'
- » Africa's Youngest Billionaire Kidnapped in Tanzania
- » Seven People were Detained in Attempt to Sell Unique Gold Artifacts Found in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Sentenced to 40 Months in Prison in the Czech Republic after Threats to Pakistan About Terrorist Attacks