Bulgarian Police Detain 16 Illegal Migrants in Pazardzhik Region
Police have apprehended 16 illegal migrants near the village of Gelemenovo, in Pazardhik Region, in southern Bulgaria, local media reported on Sunday.
The migrants were believed to have arrived from Afghanistan. They carried no identity documents and police were trying to find where and how they had entered Bulgaria.
The village of Gelemenovo is located close to Trakia motorway which links Bulgaria's southeastern regions bordering Turkey with Sofia and the Bulgarian border with Serbia.
Migration authorities have sent the detained foreign nationals to a migrant reception and registration centre in Elhovo, Yambol Region pending investigation.
- » 18-year-old Girl Beaten by her Boyfriend in Sofia
- » Suicide Bomber Kills more than 100 at Pakistan Election Rally
- » Thieves in Chicago Stole a Sculpture of a Bulgarian Artist
- » Brutal murder in Sofia, Son Beat his Mother and Killed his Father
- » Bulgaria Breaks up illegal Tobacco Factory
- » Suicide Bomber Kills 10 in Afghanistan's City of Jalalabad