Bulgarian Police Detain 16 Illegal Migrants in Pazardzhik Region
Police have apprehended 16 illegal migrants near the village of Gelemenovo, in Pazardhik Region, in southern Bulgaria, local media reported on Sunday.
The migrants were believed to have arrived from Afghanistan. They carried no identity documents and police were trying to find where and how they had entered Bulgaria.
The village of Gelemenovo is located close to Trakia motorway which links Bulgaria's southeastern regions bordering Turkey with Sofia and the Bulgarian border with Serbia.
Migration authorities have sent the detained foreign nationals to a migrant reception and registration centre in Elhovo, Yambol Region pending investigation.
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography
- » 25 Members of Drug Gang are Internationally Wanted