Avalanche in Bulgaria's Vitosha Mountain Kills Two People
An avalanche occurred in the Vitosha mountain overlooking the Bulgarian capital of Sofia on Thursday.
The mountain rescue service said that it is looking for two tourists who were in the region of the Aleko chalet where the avalanche occurred.
The rescue operation is ongoing with 14 rescuers and two dogs participating in it.
According to private NOVA TV, two people died in the avalanche.
An avalanche triggered by tourists skiing outside the designated ski areas occurred in the Pirin mountain four days ago. Luckily, there were no casualties.
During the weekend, the mountain rescue service warned of a considerable risk of avalanches after more than 24 hours of snowfall.
- » It will be Sunny Today, with Scattered High Clouds Around Midday
- » Warm Weather on Sunday as well as in the New Week in Bulgaria
- » Mostly Sunny Today, with Maximum Temperatures between 27C and 32C
- » Strong Earthquake near Ankara This Morning
- » Wildfire Raging near Kazanlak, 500 Decares of Pine Forest is Burning
- » By the end of 2020, the First Hydrogen Refueling Stations Should Be Operational in Bulgaria