Avalanche in Bulgaria's Vitosha Mountain Kills Two People
An avalanche occurred in the Vitosha mountain overlooking the Bulgarian capital of Sofia on Thursday.
The mountain rescue service said that it is looking for two tourists who were in the region of the Aleko chalet where the avalanche occurred.
The rescue operation is ongoing with 14 rescuers and two dogs participating in it.
According to private NOVA TV, two people died in the avalanche.
An avalanche triggered by tourists skiing outside the designated ski areas occurred in the Pirin mountain four days ago. Luckily, there were no casualties.
During the weekend, the mountain rescue service warned of a considerable risk of avalanches after more than 24 hours of snowfall.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Weather Forecast: Mostly Sunny in Bulgaria, Day Temperatures Rising to 12°C
- » Weather in Bulgaria: New Week Brings along Sunny Days, Temperatures Typical for Autumn
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clear and Cold, Temperatures Between 8-15 Degrees
- » Weather in Bulgaria: Clouds and Rain Today
- » Bulgaria: 2.7 Magnitute Earthquake Registered in Blagoevgrad Region
- » Strong 5.2 Magnitude Earthquake Shakes Northern Macedonia