Bulgarian President to Give Account of Fourth Year in Office
Bulgarian President Rosen Plevneliev and Vice President Margarita Popova will give an account of their fourth year in office on Thursday.
The press conference, which marks the fourth anniversary of their inauguration, is scheduled to begin at 10:00 EET and will be broadcasted live on the Bulgarian National Television (BNT).
After being elected in the presidential elections in 2011, Plevneliev and Popova swore an oath to parliament on 19 January 2012 and took office three days later.
The press conference will also mark the beginning of their last year in office.
Although last year Plevneliev said that he will answer to questions regarding a possible second term in 2016, he is not expected to announce whether he will run for a second term at the press conference.
The Head of State will comment the latest political developments in the country and discuss topics from the international political agenda such as the migrant crisis, the situation in the Middle East and the state of the European Union.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Kiril Petkov on his Citizenship: I Do Not Feel Any Guilt
- » General Mutafchiiski with Special Award from Jewish Community in Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Road Constuctors Mount yet Another Protest
- » Bulgaria: Prices Will Rise More Steeply than Expected - Finance Ministry
- » Three Foreigners Arrested in Bulgaria for Trading Info from Arsenal military plant
- » Caretaker Government Required State-owned Companies to Pay Dividend