Victoria Nuland Visiting Bulgaria on Tuesday
US Assistant Secretary of State Victoria Nuland is to meet Bulgarian officials this afternoon, the Bulgarian President's press office has said.
Energy, defense and the push for reform will reportedly be part of the agenda of her meetings.
Nuland is to talk with President Rosen Plevneliev at 15:00 local time (EET).
The website Dnevnik.bg quotes sources "familiar" to the issue as saying visa requirements might also be discussed during her meetings.
Nuland, who is in charge of European and Eurasian Affaris at the US Department of State, is coming to Bulgaria as part of her Eastern European tour that began last week. Sofia is her last stop before the World Economic Forum in Davos which she is due to attend between January 20 and 23.
She also visited Bulgaria in March of 2014.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » North Macedonia Promised to Not Allow Incidents during the Celebration of Gotse Delchev, Bulgaria with Measures against Provocateurs
- » The Foreign Ministry will Demand the Access of Bulgarian Citizens to North Macedonia to be Ensured
- » A Visit of a Bulgarian Theater Production was Canceled in North Macedonia
- » Provocation after Provocation: Macedonians will Block Roads for Bulgarians Heading to Gotse Delchev's Grave
- » North Macedonia’s Foreign Minister: Bulgarian Clubs should Change their Names
- » Bulgaria’s MFA summons the Macedonian Ambassador because of the Beating of a Bulgarian in Ohrid