Bad Weather Cancels Classes in 544 Bulgarian Schools on Monday
The Bulgarian Education Ministry announced on Monday that classes were suspended in 544 schools across the country due to bad weather conditions.
Classes were suspended in 172 schools due to bad weather conditions hampering traffic. The highest numbers of schools were affected in the region of Razgrad - 61, followed by Silistra - 47, Burgas – 28, Sliven – 20, Stara Zagora – 15 and Kardzhali - 1.
Classes were called off due to bad meteorological conditions in 365 schools. Pleven was the worst affected region with 76 schools closed, followed by Dobrich – 67, Shumen – 65, Targovishte – 55, Ruse – 35, Veliko Tarnovo – 20, Varna – 17, Vratsa – 17, Montana – 8, Plovdiv – 4 and Blagoevgrad - 1.
Lack of electricity and fuel suspended classes in four schools in the region of Pazardzhik and two educational establishments in Plovdiv.
Due to unforeseen repairs of the heating installation and other renovation works, classes were suspended in one school in the region of Lovech.
- » BGN 920 will be the Starting Teacher Salary in Bulgaria Next Year
- » Seven Bulgarian Students Received a Harvard Award
- » Thousands of Students are Taking Bulgarian Language and Literature Exams
- » The Reconstruction of the American College in Sofia was Completed
- » FUNDAY SUMMER ADVENTURE - Summer Children's Program
- » Some of the Libraries in Bulgaria have never been Repaired, most are without a Website