About 1,700 Migrants per Day Reached Europe by Sea Jan 1-14 - IOM
A total of 23,664 migrants arrived in Europe by sea in the first 14 days of the year, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) has announced.
The total number translates into an average daily of about 1,700.
The first 14 days of 2016 also saw the year’s first 59 fatalities in the Mediterranean between Libya and Italy, the IOM said.
The perilous journey claimed the lives of more than 3,000 migrants and refugees last year, according to IOM estimates.
- » 6 People Died and 200 Others Were Injured as a Result of the Protests in Indonesia
- » Nathalie Loiseau: Britain Should not Exert its Political Crisis in Europe
- » Germany Spent a Record € 23 Billion on Refugee Integration and Prevention of Migration
- » The EU Takes Measures to Combat Forest Fires
- » Serbia Introduces Life Imprisonment for The Worst Crimes
- » Eiffel Tower Evacuated. Find Out Why?