About 1,700 Migrants per Day Reached Europe by Sea Jan 1-14 - IOM
A total of 23,664 migrants arrived in Europe by sea in the first 14 days of the year, the International Organisation for Migration (IOM) has announced.
The total number translates into an average daily of about 1,700.
The first 14 days of 2016 also saw the year’s first 59 fatalities in the Mediterranean between Libya and Italy, the IOM said.
The perilous journey claimed the lives of more than 3,000 migrants and refugees last year, according to IOM estimates.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Germany with new rules for people arriving from Bulgaria
- » The Austrian government has presented a bill on mandatory vaccination against COVID-19
- » Croatia's Population has Shrunk by nearly 400,000 in the last 10 years
- » Russian Foreign Minister: Our Patience is Running Out
- » Hackers hit the Websites of several Ukrainian Ministries
- » More than 1.7 million Secret Documents of the Polish Army have Leaked on the Internet