Deputy PM: Romania to Receive More Positive EU CVM Report than Bulgaria
Romania will be assessed more positively than Bulgaria in a EU Commission report on justice and internal affairs, Bulgarian Deputy PM Ekaterina Zaharieva has said.
In an interview with the Bulgarian National Radio, she has admitted Bucharest has performed far better than Bulgaria over the past year with regard to court cases of public interest, high-level corruption, the fight against organized crime.
The report on Bulgaria is expected aloingside the one on Romania on January 27.
"What they [the EU] expect from us are results on concrete cases... We spoke more about the independence of the judiciary... We spoked about the [changes to the] constitution being a good sted toward independence, but much more important steps are still ahead, and it is the changes to the law on the judiciary which will guarantee this independence," Zaharieva has said after meeting EU officials in Brussels.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgaria Versus EU: Decent Economy but Poor Quality of Life
- » EC Approves the Bulgarian Scheme in Support of Tour Operators
- » $40 Million Potentially Dangerous Food Seized in Operation Throughout Europe
- » Bulgarian PM after the EU Summit: Bulgaria Will Receive Nearly 29 Billion Euros in the Coming Years
- » Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borissov in Brussels: It Is Wrong to Think That We Are at the End of the Pandemic
- » Juncker Plan: EIAH to Provide Support for New Specialised Children's Hospital in Bulgaria