Bulgaria to be Promoted as Tourist Destination at Rio Olympics
Bulgaria will be promoted as a tourist destination at the 2016 Olympic Games which will be taking place in Rio de Janeiro this summer.
This was announced by Tourism Minister Nikolina Angelkova in an interview for the Bulgarian National Radio (BNR) on Thursday.
Bulgaria will be also promoted at other leading sports events, such as the European Ski Cup, which will be hosted by the Bulgarian ski resorts of Borovets and Pamporovo in February.
Angelkova added that the ministry will also continue to promote the country with campaigns featuring world celebrities, an initiative jointly launched with Nu Boyana Film Studios.
For the first time this summer, there will be direct charter flights from France to the airport in Burgas, which is expected to bring back French tourists to the Black Sea coast.
The leading tour operators have vowed to increase the number of flights operated to Bulgaria in the coming summer.
TUI Germany expects 130 000 tourists to visit Bulgaria this summer, which is a considerable increase compared to last year's 80 000 visitors.
TUI Austria has already announced Bulgaria as its main preferred destination for this year, while a 40 % increase in the number of visitors from Poland is expected.
The tourism and foreign ministries have already taken steps to extend the issuing of free visas to tourists from Russia, Ukraine, Moldova and Belarus, with the proposal targeting children under the age of 16 and pensioners.
- » Wizz Air Reported over 1 Million Passengers to Varna for a Year
- » Bulgaria Air Now has Flights to a New Destination - Tbilisi
- » Up to 60 Irish Holidaymakers Left Stranded in Bulgaria after Travel Agents' Failure
- » The Cheapest Spot for Families this Summer
- » The Ministry of Tourism Expects a 5% Increase in Foreign Tourists
- » Bulgarian Hotel Managers: Increases of Prices of Vacations will Come Next Year