Research Ship Pelagia to Study Climate Change in Black Sea Region
Bulgaria’s government has given the green light to Dutch-flagged research vessel Pelagia to conduct an oceanograpic expedition in the country’s territorial sea and exclusive economic zone from 28 January to 5 February 2016.
The expedition in the Black Sea will carry out scientific research on two related programmes being developed by Dutch institutes, the Bulgarian government said in a statement following a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The first programme is focused on studying the climate change in the Black Sea region over the last 20,000 years. The objective is to improve the models of describing and predicting climate change in modern times.
The second programme aims to study micro-biological communities and their transformations caused by climate change.
The two programmes are funded by The Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO) and the European Research Council (ERC), according to the statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » At least 3,000 Dead Dolphins in the Black Sea – Military Sonars Blind them
- » EU to Ban the Sale of Petrol and Diesel Cars by 2035
- » Storm in Sofia, Underpasses Flooded
- » The Astronomical Summer begins Today
- » Bulgaria: The Most Polluting Cars Out of the Center of Sofia during Winter
- » Bulgaria: Warning of significant Rainfall and Thunder Today