Istanbul Suicide Bomber Was Foreign Member of IS Group, Turkish PM Says
Turkey’s Prime Minister Ahmet Davutoglu has said that the suicide bomber who killed at least 10 people in Istanbul on Tuesday was a foreign member of the Islamic State group, according to hurriyetdailynews.com.
Turkey’s Dogan news agency reported that the suspect had been identified as Saudi-born Nabil Fadl?.
Turkish Deputy Prime Minister Numan Kurtulmus had previoulsly announced that the suicide bomber was a man of Syrian origin born in 1988.
The explosion occurred by the obelisk of Theodosius in Sultanahmet Square in Istanbul, in the heart of the city’s tourist district.
Most of the 10 victims of the morning blast were Germans.
Fifteen people were wounded, including at least six Germans. Citizens of Norway, South Korea and Peru were among those being treated for wounds at local hospitals, according to CNN Turk.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Injured Police Officers and Detainees at EuroPride in Serbia
- » North Macedonia’s President: Only Macedonians with Low Self-Esteem are Afraid of "Bulgarianization"
- » Macedonian Foreign Minister: Negotiations with Bulgaria Ended with 3:1 for North Macedonia
- » Vucic: I Don't Know How to Solve the Problem, but I will Not Recognize Kosovo
- » No One in the Macedonian Government is Satisfied by the Compromise with Bulgaria
- » The Serbian Church Awarded the War Criminal Vojislav Seselj