At Least Ten Killed, 15 Injured as Explosion Hits Tourist Area of Istanbul
At least ten people are believed to have been killed and fifteen other injured after an explosion occurred in the touristic neighbourhood of Sultanahmet in Istanbul on Tuesday morning.
According to media reports, the explosion occurred near the obelisk of Theodosius in the Fatih district which is the site of some of the most popular touristic attractions in Istanbul including the Blue Mosque and the Hagia Sophia.
The governor's office in Istanbul claims that ten people, including tourists, were killed and at least fifteen were injured in the explosion, Daily Hurriyet informs.
At present the exact cause of the explosion has not been established yet, with authorities not excluding the possibility of a suicide bomber.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Three Serbs were Killed in Kosovo, Two others were Wounded
- » Romania blocked Austria's participation in NATO meetings
- » Mine Blew Up a Ship off the Coast of Romania?
- » Bus with 35 People Crashed in Montenegro: At least Three People Died
- » Romania will Not Import Ukrainian Grain for another 30 days
- » Romania wants Compensation for the Losses of Carriers due to not being in Schengen