Wizz Air to Operate Flights Between Sofia, Birmingham from March 28
The low-cost airline Wizz Air announced on Monday that it will start operating flights between the Bulgarian capital of Sofia and Birmingham from March 28.
The route will be serviced by two weekly flights on Mondays and Fridays, with fares starting from BGN 79.99.
Birmingham will become the third destination in the UK accessible from Sofia, with Wizz Air already operating flights between the Bulgarian capital and London Luton and Bristol.
With the addition of the new service, Wizz Air now offers 27 routes to 14 countries from Sofia.
Tickets for the new route have already gone on sale and can be booked online at wizzair.com.
According to Tamara Mshvenieradze, Corporate Communications Manager at Wizz Air, the new route will stimulate the tourism and hospitality sectors as well as strengthen the business relations between the two countries.
- » Oscars: Bulgaria Selects 'Aga' for International Feature Category
- » There Will Be Three New Destinations from Bulgaria in the Airlines' Winter Schedule
- » British Airways Cancels Flights on September 27 Due to Pilot Strike
- » January - July 2019 - the Exports of Goods From Bulgaria to Third Countries Increased by 3.0%
- » In the Period January - June 2019 Bulgarian Exports to the EU Grew by 5.1%
- » In 2018 the Goods Exported From Bulgaria amounted to BGN 56 030.4 Million