IOM Reports Rise in Migrant Deaths in Mediterranean Crossings in January
Forty-six migrants or refugees have been reported dead or missing in the Mediterranean in the first six days of 2016, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) has reported.
“That’s already more than half the fatalities reported in all of January last year, and more deaths than were counted in the first three months of 2014,” according to a news release posted on the IOM website.
Increased policing on Turkey's shores and colder weather conditions have not deterred refugees and migrants from the Middle East, Asia and Africa from embarking on the perilous journey to Greek islands in the Aegean Sea, the IOM said.
The IOM estimates that 3,771 migrants overall died while trying to cross the Mediterranean Sea to Europe last year.
A total of 847,084 migrants and refugees arrived to Greece by sea last year. This compared with 34,442 arrivals in 2014, the IOM said.
- » EU Law Enforcement and Google Take on Terrorist Propaganda in Latest EUROPOL Referral Action Days
- » Indonesian Villagers Kill nearly 300 Crocodiles in Revenge Attack
- » Former UK Minister Calls for Second Vote on Brexit to End Stalemate
- » US Charges 29-year-old Russian Woman with Acting as Kremlin Agent
- » Communist-run Cuba Starts Rolling out Internet on Mobile Phones
- » Italy Accepted a Ship with Hundreds of Immigrants
In Europe there have been obvious attempts to cover and after that to downplay the events around the New year. Especially active is the Soros network. In Bulgaria bloggers and internet trolls related to Soros's Open society foundation now are activated for writing on the forums with the purpose to downplaying and distorting the reality about the massive rapes in Europe.
.......and I\'m not about poor- poor, sure, no objections - poor refugees....Lord forgive me.