Tennis: Pironkova Defeats Tsurenko in Apia International Sydney 1st Round
Bulgaria’s top female tennis player Tsvetana Pironkova has prevailed against Ukraine’s Lesia Tsurenko in the first round of the Apia International Sydney tournament on Sunday.
Pironkova defeated Tsurenko 7-6; 6-2 to move to the second round of the tournament held in Sydney, Australia.
In the second round, Pironkova will be joined by former French and U.S. Open champion Svetlana Kuznetsova, who defeated Australian wildcard Tammi Patterson 6-2; 6-0.
Pironkova has a happy history with Sydney, winning eight straight matches to come from qualifying and win the title in 2014 and then losing to eventual champion Petra Kvitova in the semifinals last year, tennisnews.com recalled.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » How New Technologies Help Sport Fans Around the World
- » Bulgaria: Stadiums Open to the Public in Compliance with Strict Measures
- » Police Officers Took Grigor Dimitrov's Driver License in Monaco
- » Sport Events in Bulgaria Without Audience Until August 31
- » Alexandar Georgiev to Be Only Bulgarian-Born Player in Revised NHL Playoffs
- » Online Casinos: Top Reasons Why Casinos Are The Best In The UK