Bulgaria's Volleyball Team Loses to France, Dashing Olympic Hopes
The Bulgarian men's volleyball team has been defeated by France 0:3, losing its chance to play at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro.
Even if the Bulgarians had secured a victory, that might have been far from enough as they needed to win three games with an overall edge of at least 21 points.
However, the heavy defeat (19:25, 20:25, 15:25) delivered by France has even prompted Bulgaria's national coach Plamen Konstantinov to hint at a possible resignation, reminding "a coach always goes with a resignation in their pocket" and to voice dissatisfaction with the performance of some players.
On Thursday, Bulgaria also lost to Russia in what Konstantinov described as a weak game.
- » Grigor Dimitrov Lost to Novak Djokovic in Queens
- » World Cup 2018: Football Showpiece Set to Begin in Russia
- » USA, Canada and Mexico will Host 2026 World Cup
- » Russia’s World Cup Costs to Exceed $14Bln, Media Reports
- » Spain Fired its Coach a Day before the Start of the 2018 World Cup
- » Mirela Demireva made a Historic Jump in Stockholm