EU Commission to Unveil Next CVM Report on Bulgaria on January 27
The European Commission's report on reform in justice and internal affairs undertaken by Bulgaria is to be unveiled on the last Wednesday of January, a Commission spokesperson has announced.
"Our next reports under the Mechanism for Cooperation and Verification [CVM] are expected at the end of January [and are] scheduled for January 27," the Bulgarian National Radio quotes Christian Wigand, Spokesperson for several portfolios including rule of law and justice, as saying.
Wigand has not given details about the reports.
Last year's document suggested Bulgaria needed to step up efforts for judicial reform (more about the 2015 CVM report here).
This year, the government is on tenterhooks as numerous legislative steps and constitutional changes were adopted over the course of 2015 to meet EU demand for reform.
CVM reports have been prepared for Bulgaria and Romania since 2007 to monitor progress in areas such as judicial reform and tackling corruption and (for Bulgaria in particular) combating organized crime.
The reports were a prerequisite for the two countries to join the EU in the same year.
- » PM: Decision on Hungary Taken at Government Operative Meeting has no Legal Value but has Moral Significance
- » Bulgaria Stands Behind Hungary and Against Brussels
- » 500 Terminals for e-vignettes will Operate Across Bulgaria from 2019
- » Bulgaria: BNT is not Planning a Junior Eurovision Return in 2019
- » EU Parliament Approves €34 Million in Aid to Greece, Poland, Lithuania and Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian President: The EU will be Successful only if it Represents the Success of all its Member States
EU commission is a criminal organization that should not be obeyed. Using the leverage of money transaction it can impose political pressure. But in spite of that it have to be confronted on all levels and will be. Disobedience, false cooperation and noncooperation will be common in the entire EU from now on. The system of usury and economic predation endangers the very existence of European socities and the security of every single person in EU..