EU Commission to Unveil Next CVM Report on Bulgaria on January 27
The European Commission's report on reform in justice and internal affairs undertaken by Bulgaria is to be unveiled on the last Wednesday of January, a Commission spokesperson has announced.
"Our next reports under the Mechanism for Cooperation and Verification [CVM] are expected at the end of January [and are] scheduled for January 27," the Bulgarian National Radio quotes Christian Wigand, Spokesperson for several portfolios including rule of law and justice, as saying.
Wigand has not given details about the reports.
Last year's document suggested Bulgaria needed to step up efforts for judicial reform (more about the 2015 CVM report here).
This year, the government is on tenterhooks as numerous legislative steps and constitutional changes were adopted over the course of 2015 to meet EU demand for reform.
CVM reports have been prepared for Bulgaria and Romania since 2007 to monitor progress in areas such as judicial reform and tackling corruption and (for Bulgaria in particular) combating organized crime.
The reports were a prerequisite for the two countries to join the EU in the same year.
- » The EU Grants BGN 111 Million to Replace Solid Fuel Stoves and Heaters in 21 Bulgarian Cities
- » Producers of the Famous Bulgarian Rose Protest Because of the Low Purchase Price
- » First Comments from Euroleaders at the EU-Western Balkans Summit
- » Virtual Reality – The future of European industry at WATIFY: Inspire to Transform
- » The best WATIFY Technological Transformation for 2018 is…
- » Minister of EC Presidency Pavlova: We will Investigate the Spending of EU Funds
EU commission is a criminal organization that should not be obeyed. Using the leverage of money transaction it can impose political pressure. But in spite of that it have to be confronted on all levels and will be. Disobedience, false cooperation and noncooperation will be common in the entire EU from now on. The system of usury and economic predation endangers the very existence of European socities and the security of every single person in EU..