Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Federer at Quarterfinals in Brisbane
In a match from the quarterfinals of the men's singles competition of the Brisbane International tournament, the highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated by Roger Federer.
Federer won with 6:4, 6:7(4), 6:4 in a match which lasted slightly more than two hours.
Although Dimitrov failed to record first victory against his Swiss opponent, he managed to claim his first set against Federer in their fourth encounter.
In last year's edition of the tournament, the two opponents met at the semifinals, when the Swiss won with 6:2, 6:2 and went on to win the tournament.
Despite the defeat, the participation of Dimitrov in the tournament continues in the men's doubles competition.
Dimitrov and his Japanese partner Kei Nishikori will face on Saturday the Australians James Duckworth and Chris Guccione in the semifinals.
- » Bulgarian Is an European Kickboxing Champion
- » Discover These Beautiful Golf Courses In Bulgaria, Perfect For A Tee Time When You Visit
- » Bulgarian Paralympic Team wins two Gold on Day 1 of Dubai 2019 World Para Championship
- » Grigor Dimitrov Will Play for Bulgaria Again
- » Paralympian Hristiyan Stoyanov with Gold Medal from Dubai
- » Grigor Dimitrov Is in the World Rankings Top 20 Again