Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Federer at Quarterfinals in Brisbane
In a match from the quarterfinals of the men's singles competition of the Brisbane International tournament, the highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated by Roger Federer.
Federer won with 6:4, 6:7(4), 6:4 in a match which lasted slightly more than two hours.
Although Dimitrov failed to record first victory against his Swiss opponent, he managed to claim his first set against Federer in their fourth encounter.
In last year's edition of the tournament, the two opponents met at the semifinals, when the Swiss won with 6:2, 6:2 and went on to win the tournament.
Despite the defeat, the participation of Dimitrov in the tournament continues in the men's doubles competition.
Dimitrov and his Japanese partner Kei Nishikori will face on Saturday the Australians James Duckworth and Chris Guccione in the semifinals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Forbes: Roger Federer is the Highest-Paid Athlete in the World
- » 116 Years of FIFA: Here Are Some Facts
- » Bulgarian Football Teams Could Train in Groups Again
- » Football Championship in Bulgaria to be Resumed on 5 June
- » Bulgaria: Swimming Pools and Tennis Courts Re-open with Restrictions
- » PM Shinzo Abe: The Tokyo Olympics Won't be Held unless the Coronavirus Pandemic is Contained