Bulgaria's Grigor Dimitrov Loses to Federer at Quarterfinals in Brisbane
In a match from the quarterfinals of the men's singles competition of the Brisbane International tournament, the highest ranking Bulgarian male tennis player Grigor Dimitrov was defeated by Roger Federer.
Federer won with 6:4, 6:7(4), 6:4 in a match which lasted slightly more than two hours.
Although Dimitrov failed to record first victory against his Swiss opponent, he managed to claim his first set against Federer in their fourth encounter.
In last year's edition of the tournament, the two opponents met at the semifinals, when the Swiss won with 6:2, 6:2 and went on to win the tournament.
Despite the defeat, the participation of Dimitrov in the tournament continues in the men's doubles competition.
Dimitrov and his Japanese partner Kei Nishikori will face on Saturday the Australians James Duckworth and Chris Guccione in the semifinals.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » The Greatest Bulgarian Premier League Players Ever
- » Bulgaria with a Record 13 Medals from the European Rhythmic Gymnastics Championship
- » Bulgaria is the European Champion in Rhythmic Gymnastics - Gold for the Ensemble
- » Bulgaria to replace Russia on the Qualification for the 2024 Olympic Games in Paris
- » Bulgarian Boxer Tervel Pulev defeated the American Joel Shojgreen in the Third Round
- » Why Bulgaria are Placing their Faith in Youth to get back into Footballing Relevance