Tunnel for Bikers to Connect Sofia City Centre with Lyulin Neighbourhood
Sofia municipality will build a special tunnel for bikers connecting the centre of the Bulgarian capital with the neighbourhood of Lyulin.
This was announced by the deputy mayor of Sofia in charge of transport Lyubomir Hristov, daily Sega informs.
The tunnel will be constructed by the end of the summer or the beginning of the autumn at the latest.
The new facility will ensure the safe movement of bikers as they will avoid the heavy traffic which they currently encounter when passing through the existing car tunnel in the area.
The initial projects for the facility have to be presented in the beginning of this year.
According to the estimates of Sofia municipality, the length of the bike lane in Lyulin will be 800 metres.
The idea of the municipality is that pedestrians will also be able to pass through the tunnel.
The cost is estimated to be between BGN 150 000 and BGN 200 000.
A similar tunnel is functioning under the Yavorov alley connecting the two parts of the Borisova garden.
At present, the total length of bike lanes in Sofia is 60 kilometres.
The municipality plans to extend the network to 200 kilometres, but it has not specified within what time-frame this will be achieved.
For this year, the municipality plans to construct bike lanes on the small streets in the city centre once repair works are completed.
- » The United States Owes the UN $ 491 Million
- » PM Borissov: 88% of German Companies Would Invest Again in the Bulgaria
- » Wizz Air Recognized as the Best Low Cost Airline in Bulgaria and the Most Preferred Passenger Choice for the Third Consecutive Year
- » Bulgarian Startups Are Enhancing their Global Innovation Potential
- » The 2020 State Social Security Budget - Adopted
- » The Minimum Retirement Pension Rises to BGN 250 from July 1