UN, IAEA Chiefs Condemn Nuclear Test Reported by North Korea
United Nations Secretary-General Ban Ki-moon said on Wednesday that the underground nuclear test announced by North Korea is “deeply troubling” .
The hydrogen bomb test violates numerous resolutions of the UN Security Council despite calls by the international community to cease such activities, Ban Ki-moon told reporters at the UN headquarters, according to un.org.
“This act is profoundly destabilizing for regional security and seriously undermines international non-proliferation efforts. I condemn it unequivocally,” Ban Ki-moon said.
The head of the UN International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA) also condemned the nuclear test announced by North Korea.
If the reported hydrogen bomb test test is confirmed, it is in clear violation of UN Security Council resolutions and is “deeply regrettable,” IAEA Director-General Yukiya Amano said in a statement.
“I strongly urge the DPRK [Democratic People's Republic of Korea] to implement fully all relevant resolutions of the UN Security Council and the IAEA,” the head of Vienna-based IAEA said.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » 8 Arrested in Belgium for Preparing a Terrorist Act
- » European Parliament: There will be an Electric Car Station every 60 kilometers in the EU
- » 20 Dead in Bus Crash with Pilgrims in Saudi Arabia
- » North Korea to increase production of 'Nuclear Weapons Material’
- » The Countries for Collective Purchase of Ammunition are Now 24 - Bulgaria is Not Among Them
- » Air Blockade in Israel until Netanyahu reverses Judicial Reform