Sofia Police Fines 37,000 Drivers for Speeding in 2015
More than 37,000 car drivers have been fined for violating speed limits in Sofia over the past 12 months, Nova TV reported on Tuesday.
The most drastic case last year was a driver flying past a traffic police radar at a speed of 200 km/h – in a section of the road linking Sofia with Pernik where speed was limited to 70 km/h. The fine issued to the daredevil driver was also impressive – BGN 1,200.
The fines issued by traffic police in Sofia last year exceed BGN 6 M in total. Half of that amount has already been paid, Nova TV said citing police sources.
Statistics show that driving at 120 km/h is not rare in the city where maximum speed is capped at 80 km/h on some of the main boulevards and 50 km/h on most of the other streets.
- » Bulgaria Will Finance Lung Transplants in Non-EU Countries
- » New York Banned Flavoured E-Cigarettes
- » Seventh Casualty of the Floods in Spain
- » The Air in the Classrooms in Bulgaria - Dangerous for the Children’s Health
- » Cruise Ship Overturned near Senegal, Six People Were Killed
- » Epic Saga: Amazon's The Lord of the Rings Series Filming Will Begin in New Zealand