Sofia Police Fines 37,000 Drivers for Speeding in 2015
More than 37,000 car drivers have been fined for violating speed limits in Sofia over the past 12 months, Nova TV reported on Tuesday.
The most drastic case last year was a driver flying past a traffic police radar at a speed of 200 km/h – in a section of the road linking Sofia with Pernik where speed was limited to 70 km/h. The fine issued to the daredevil driver was also impressive – BGN 1,200.
The fines issued by traffic police in Sofia last year exceed BGN 6 M in total. Half of that amount has already been paid, Nova TV said citing police sources.
Statistics show that driving at 120 km/h is not rare in the city where maximum speed is capped at 80 km/h on some of the main boulevards and 50 km/h on most of the other streets.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » On June 1: Traveling by Train in Bulgaria will be Free for Children
- » Bulgaria: Health Minister to drop the Mandatory Isolation and Quarantine for People Sick with COVID-19
- » Bulgaria: New Rules for Electric Scooters in Sofia - Fines up to 25 EUR
- » Bulgarian author and “Booker” winner Georgi Gospodinov will be a guest at the Sofia Book Fair
- » COVID-19 in Bulgaria: 100 New Cases in the Last 24 hours
- » Weather in Bulgaria: More Sun and Less Rain on the Last Day of May