Armed Robbers Strike Bulbank Office in Bulgarian Capital
Two armed robbers have made off with a “large sum of money” from an office of Bulgaria’s UniCredit Bulbank in Sofia, bTV reported on Tuesday.
The robbers carrying masks entered the bank office in Lyulin 7 residential district on the western outskirts of the Bulgarian capital city, threatened the staff and stole several bags full of cash that had been prepared for transportation with a security van at the end of the workday.
Another two armed men have reportedly waited for the robbers outside of the bank office. The four escaped on foot after the robbery.
About BGN 100,000 (EUR 50,000) have been stolen, according to unofficial estimates, bTV said.
No clients or staff of the bank had been hurt in the robbery, UniCredit Bulbank said in a statement to the media.
Police were alerted about the crime around 1830 local time (1630 GMT).
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Tragic Night in Plovdiv Village: Double Murder and Suicide Unfold
- » Violent Robbery Shakes Blagoevgrad: One Injured in Shooting Incident
- » Global Child Pornography Bust: Two Detained in Bulgaria in Widespread European Operation
- » Bulgaria Reports Over 7,000 Intoxicated Driving Cases in 2023
- » Violence in Bulgaria: Woman Beaten on Stara Zagora's Main Boulevard
- » Police Brutality Unveiled: Teen Assaulted at Protest, Harassed in Police Custody