Armed Robbers Strike Bulbank Office in Bulgarian Capital
Two armed robbers have made off with a “large sum of money” from an office of Bulgaria’s UniCredit Bulbank in Sofia, bTV reported on Tuesday.
The robbers carrying masks entered the bank office in Lyulin 7 residential district on the western outskirts of the Bulgarian capital city, threatened the staff and stole several bags full of cash that had been prepared for transportation with a security van at the end of the workday.
Another two armed men have reportedly waited for the robbers outside of the bank office. The four escaped on foot after the robbery.
About BGN 100,000 (EUR 50,000) have been stolen, according to unofficial estimates, bTV said.
No clients or staff of the bank had been hurt in the robbery, UniCredit Bulbank said in a statement to the media.
Police were alerted about the crime around 1830 local time (1630 GMT).
- » Convicted of Rape and Thefts Escaped from the Prison in Lovech
- » French Customs Officers Detained Cannabis for EUR 4 Million from a Bulgarian Truck
- » Shooting in Malmö, Five Injured
- » Two People Threatened a MP from the Bulgarian Socialist Party with a Gun
- » A Hungarian Court Sentenced Three Bulgarians for Human Trafficking
- » 8 Bulgarians Raped a 13-year-old Girl in Germany