Denmark Introduces Border Controls with Germany to Curb Migrant Flow
Denmark has announced it is closing its border with Germany, daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reports.
The development is a reaction to Sweden's move, hours earlier, to introduce passport control with Denmark, the newspaper quotes the country's PM Lars Lokke Rasmussen.
The measures is in force "starting immediately".
Stockholm earlier announced its decision about the Sweden-Denmark border as a move to restrict the migrant flow into the country, one of the most desired destinations of asylum seekers.
- » Mogherini: In June, North Macedonia and Albania will Start Negotiations with the EU
- » The EP: Stronger EU Borders With a New Standing Corps of 10000 Border Guards
- » The EU has finally adopted the Copyright Directive
- » 4 EU Nations to Take in 64 Migrants Rescued at Sea Near Malta
- » States Must Not Allow Their Territory to be Used For Malicious Actions Using New Technologies, Federica Mogherini
- » The European Parliament Approved a Draft Law on Content in Social Networks