Denmark Introduces Border Controls with Germany to Curb Migrant Flow
Denmark has announced it is closing its border with Germany, daily Frankfurter Allgemeine Zeitung reports.
The development is a reaction to Sweden's move, hours earlier, to introduce passport control with Denmark, the newspaper quotes the country's PM Lars Lokke Rasmussen.
The measures is in force "starting immediately".
Stockholm earlier announced its decision about the Sweden-Denmark border as a move to restrict the migrant flow into the country, one of the most desired destinations of asylum seekers.
- » EU Looks to Screen Migrants in Africa to Stop Boatloads
- » The Bulgarian Presidency Drives the Debate on the Need to Further Promote Inclusive Education in Europe
- » Transparent and Predictable Working Conditions: Council Reaches General Approach
- » Eurogroup Statement on the Occasion of its 20th Anniversary
- » Easier Access to Professions: Council Adopts New Measures
- » Posting of Workers: Council Adopts the Directive