Competition Fails to Select Director of Bulgaria’s National Theatre
The competition for the appointment of a new director of the Ivan Vazov National Theatre in the Bulgarian capital of Sofia failed to select one of the two participating candidates.
The website of the culture ministry informed that none of the two candidates for the position, namely Kamen Kostov and Filip Trifonov, had managed to garner the required minimum number of points.
The website of the ministry did not specify whether and when a new competition will take place.
Prominent Bulgarian theatre and cinema director Alexander Morfov served as interim director of the theatre from the beginning until the autumn of last year.
Prior to that, Morfov had resigned from the theater at the end of December 2014 in protest to the controversial appointment of Slavi Binev as chairperson of the parliamentary culture and media committee.
- » Bulgarian Pavilion at the Venice Biennale was Visited by over 17,200 People
- » "Night 2019" in Plovdiv Offers Many Cultural Events
- » The Bulgarian Premiere of SOMEONE FROM HOME Will Take Place on September 15 at the Kino Cabana
- » Milko Lazarov's "Aga" is the Bulgarian Proposal For an Oscar
- » Theodore Ushev's 'The Physics of Sorrow' Animation with a World Premiere in Toronto
- » Vezhdi Rashidov Opens an Exhibition in Plovdiv