Natural Gas Supplies in Bulgaria Running Normally
Natural gas supplies towards all consumers in Bulgaria were running normally as of Friday, with all deliveries fulfilled according to plan.
This became clear after an emergency meeting on energy issues convened by Bulgarian Prime Minister Boyko Borisov.
This development comes after a trade dispute between Gazprom and Bulgarian-Russian private company Overgas threatened to leave customers of the latter without gas supplies.
According to private bTV station, Gazprom halted gas supplies to Overgas at midnight on January 1.
The quantities needed by Overgas customers were supplied by the state-owned Bulgargaz, so no interruption was experienced.
On Wednesday, Bulgarian officials received a copy of a letter from Gazprom informing that gas supplies will be halted to Overgas on January 1.
Following several emergeny meetings involving Borisov, Bulgargaz and Overgas reached an agreement on Thursday that the former will supply gas to the consumers of the latter.
Earlier on Thursday, the Russian foreign ministry had assured that it will not halt gas supplies to Bulgaria.
The most likely cause for the halt of gas supplies is overdue payments and unsettled commercial issues between Gazprom and Overgas.
Overgas claims that it had not been informed of the halt.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » All Hydro- and Thermal Power Plant in Bulgaria Activated to Compensate for Turned off Reactor of Kozloduy NPP
- » Bulgaria: Minor Incident in Kozloduy NPP, Unit 5 Temporarily Closed
- » Bulgaria May Have New Nuclear Reactor in Ten Years
- » Bulgaria’s PM Met with CEO of Kozloduy NPP, Equipment Purchased for Belene Will Be Used for Units 5,6 of Kozloduy
- » Sad Anniversary: Bulgaria’s Energy System Collapsed on Friday 13th 1978
- » ContourGlobal Maritsa East 3 TPP Produced Nearly 11 Percent of the Electricity in Bulgaria for 2020