Thousands of Bulgarians Welcomed New Year Outside Despite Cold Weather
Thousands of Bulgarians chose to attend New Year’s celebrations outside despite the cold weather.
In Sofia, locals and visitors to the Bulgarian capital attended the traditional celebrations at the Alexander Battenberg square, which featured a concert and fireworks.
Hundreds of people also gathered at the central square in Plovdiv despite a freezing temperature of minus 9, private bTV station informs.
A rock concert with the participation of Norwegian heavy metal star Jorn Lande was the highlight of the celebrations.
The festive concert i Varna lasted for three years, accompanied by a 15-minute firework show and people performing the traditional Bulgarian dance horo.
In Burgas, popular Bulgarian groups Te and Ostava entertained the people who had chosen to celebrate in the open.
In Veliko Tarnovo, people gathered around the stage in front of the municipality for a festive progamme featuring a concert and fireworks.
Most of the cities offered night services on some public transport lines, with part of them transporting people free of charge.
- » All you Need to Know About Ayliak Parade in Plovdiv
- » Heat Wave Turns Deadly in Japan Following Historic Flooding
- » Eurostat: Two Bulgarians Commit Suicide Per Day
- » Rainfall is Expected in Almost All of Bulgaria
- » Lava Bomb Hits Hawaiian Tour Boat Near Kilauea Volcano
- » Whole Block of Flats was Evacuated in Chepelare after Children's Play with Fire