Russia's Patriarch Kiril to Visit Sofia Early Next Year
Russian Patriarch Kiril is due to travel to Bulgaria's capital Sofia in February of next year, Russian church officials have said.
The Bulgarian National Radio quotes him as saying that an invitation has already been extended to Kiril by his Bulgarian counterpart, Neofit.
Kiril will take part in the celebrations that are to follow a decision of the Russian Holy Synod (the top governing body of the country's Orthodox Church) is to hold a session and canonize Archbishop Seraphim Sobolev - the patron saint of the Russian church in downtown Sofia, next to the National Military Club building.
Neofit for his part paid a one-week official visit to Russia in May 2014.
- » 12 Wine-Culinary Destinations of Bulgaria
- » Bulgarian Nurses are Again Protesting, they do not Believe the Promise of the Health Minister
- » Taxi Drivers in Sofia are Protesting
- » Cloudy Skies with Rain this Afternoon in some Regions of Bulgaria
- » World Happiness Report: Bulgaria is Ranked 97th in the World
- » Earthquake Measuring 4.9 Shakes France