Bulgaria’s Govt Adopts Anti-terrorism Strategy 2015-2020
Bulgaria’s government has adopted a five-year strategy for combating radicalisation and terrorism focusing on preventive measures.
The main objectives of the strategy include the prevention of violent radicalization of individuals or groups in Bulgaria, countering of the dissemination of terrorist and radical propaganda and recruitment of members of terrorist organizations, the government said in a statement following a weekly meeting on Wednesday.
The anti-terrorism strategy 2015-2020 also calls for the providing of legislative and institutional means of effective prosecution of masterminds and perpetrators of activites related to radicalization and terrorism as well as their accomplices.
The document could be subject to a review and possible update around the middle of 2018 to reflect potential abrupt and significant changes in the security environment, according to the statement.
We need your support so Novinite.com can keep delivering news and information about Bulgaria! Thank you!
- » Bulgarian PM Borissov: We Keep Over 300,000 Jobs Until September 30 with the Measure 60/40
- » Ministry of Labor and Social Policy: BGN 1 Million for Computers to Socially Disadvantaged Children in Bulgaria
- » Assoc. Prof. Kunchev: The Epidemic in Bulgaria is still Far from Over
- » CEM with a New Chairman - Betina Zhoteva
- » PM Borissov: It is Most Important to Protect our Medical Professionals, They Will Receive Bonus Remuneration
- » Valery Simeonov Was Elected Deputy Chairman of the National Assembly