Bulgarian Authorities Detain 109 Illegal Immigrants in Truck Near Pazardzhik
Bulgarian authorities detained on Tuesday a large group of 109 illegal immigrants on the road between the villages of Lesichоvo and Kalugerovo in the region of Pazardzhik.
A signal for a group of people getting off a truck was submitted to the emergency telephone number 112 and redirected to the police department in Pazardzhik, with police officers and cars immediately deployed to the area.
According to media reports, the group consisting of men, women and children was found in a woody area between the two villages.
They were transported to the woods with the help of a 55-year-old Macedonian citizen driving a DAF truck with a trailer. The driver has been detained for 24 hours.
At present, the authorities are organizing medical examinations and temporary accommodation for all migrants.
- » Bulgarian Police Seizes 76 kg of Cocaine Hidden Among Fruits
- » Greenhouse for Marijuana Discovered in Southern Bulgaria
- » Three Boys from Kardzhali Stole 80 Kilos of Ice Cream
- » Bulgarian Law Enforcers Dismantle Counterfeit Euro Ring
- » A US Court Condemned an Ukrainian Woman for Child Pornography
- » 25 Members of Drug Gang are Internationally Wanted