Bulgarian Authorities Detain 109 Illegal Immigrants in Truck Near Pazardzhik
Bulgarian authorities detained on Tuesday a large group of 109 illegal immigrants on the road between the villages of Lesichоvo and Kalugerovo in the region of Pazardzhik.
A signal for a group of people getting off a truck was submitted to the emergency telephone number 112 and redirected to the police department in Pazardzhik, with police officers and cars immediately deployed to the area.
According to media reports, the group consisting of men, women and children was found in a woody area between the two villages.
They were transported to the woods with the help of a 55-year-old Macedonian citizen driving a DAF truck with a trailer. The driver has been detained for 24 hours.
At present, the authorities are organizing medical examinations and temporary accommodation for all migrants.
- » BBC Investigation: Bulgarian Runs a Network for Fighting and Trading Dogs
- » More than 10 People were Detained in Operation by of GDBOP and National Security in Blagoevgrad
- » Masked and Armed Man Robbed a Bank Branch in Sofia
- » Bulgarian Authorities Shut Down 15 Websites Selling Fake Goods
- » Arrested Head of Work Capability Assessment Commission Remains in Custody
- » Third Skripal Suspect Linked to Poisoning in Bulgaria in 2015